Day 21: Three Weeks!

January 13, 2011 at 6:46 PM | Posted in Baby Romaezi | 2 Comments
Tags: , , , , ,

There have been more milestones in the past three weeks than I have realized.  I typically look at this hospital stay as a week by week thing based on the pregnancy.  Really though, it is week by week from when we were admitted too.  One set of milestones is for the baby and his health and the other is for me and my mental health.  So today, I give myself a pat on the back for laying holed up in this hospital room for three weeks straight.  Along the way I have managed to be nice, and patient and not throw crap at the people who wake me up at midnight, 4 and 6 a.m…and much, much more.  I really don’t think I could have done it without the support I have.

I have always known that my husband is amazing and that no matter what he is on my side, and will be there for me.  He has shown me that even more in the past three weeks.  I mean, he has spent three weeks sleeping on a cot at the hospital so he can be here with me.  We are so lucky to have the friends we do as well.  I have said time and time again how awesome everyone has been but without friends willing to add our dog to their household and check on our cat every single day, Kayvan couldn’t spend each night here with me.  Not to mention everyone who has called, e-mailed, stopped by to share their good company, cheer and bring home cooked or even just non-hospital food.  Even work has been ridiculously supportive.  I haven’t discussed my job situation much on here but I accepted a new position within the company I work for a week prior to landing my butt in the hospital.  I was supposed to transition out of my old job beginning 1/3 and officially start my new job 1/10–a job which I was incredibly eager to start.  Both bosses, new and old have been so great working with this situation, despite the icky spot my abrupt medical issue has brought upon them.  I hear time and time again not to worry about work but I think everyone I work with knows me well enough to know that just isn’t in my character.  Family has of course been amazing as well.  My one brother brought Christmas decorations to the hospital and everyone that could be here Christmas day, was…just to make sure Kayvan and I didn’t spend Christmas alone in the hospital.  I couldn’t go to my grandmother’s for Christmas Eve, an annual tradition but videos were texted to me so I could at least see my extended family in some capacity that night.  The other brother (and Millie and my mother-in-law) took care of our fur babies until we could find another solution for their care while we are in here.  My mother-in-law continuously makes sure we are eating enough real, non-hospital food and that we have plenty of fresh fruit at our disposal.  Dad too, bringing us homemade salsa, and chili and going out of his way.  We have now spent three “holidays” in here.  I use the term loosely because one of those three holidays was my birthday.  I am serious when I say that those will be three of the most memorable holidays of my life.  Not only because we were stuck in here but because I will always the love and support I have felt not only the past three weeks but especially those three days.

I talked a bit about my birthday morning festivities in yesterday’s blog.  My dad and my brother Jeremy came up last night as well.  No birthday is complete with cake so Jeremy brought a little cake up with him.  No candles though, fire hazard…darn.  Dad brought lots of goodies to further fatten me up along with a few birthday presents.  My birthday dinner request was for Hooters wings.  Kayvan was going to bring me steak from one of our favorite steakhouses but it just isn’t the same if you don’t eat the steak while sitting in the restaurant.  So we will save that for a date night when we get out of here.

This morning went well.  I didn’t want to get up because, well…I didn’t sleep.  I may not be on a schedule, but as I have mentioned before, the doctors and nurses are.  When I was through dragging my feet they stuck me on the non-stress test.  I learned another very valuable lesson about the non-stress test today.  Don’t stretch while you are on it.  I forgot I was connected to the contraction monitor and stretched flexing my “abs” and on the print out THAT reads as a contraction.  I realized what I did as soon as I did it and told the nurse when she came in to check on the print out.  No pity, she just said, “How about we just keep you on for another ten minutes?”  Rhetorical question right there.



RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

  1. Hey, just an April 2011 Mama wanting to leave you a message letting you know that we are praying for you, your family, your little one, and the knowledge and know-how of your doctors and nurses!

    Keep that positive spirit up!!
    Olivia aka Ohhappydays 🙂

  2. Glad that while you are in a situation one doesn’t want, your husband, family and friends are supporting you 🙂 love ya!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at
Entries and comments feeds.

%d bloggers like this: